CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Sometimes I Forget Things on my Desk

I forgot my camera cord on my desk at the office so I can't share with you the lovely photos of my home which was decorated only a few hours ago. Lame. Tomorrow for sure.



It's just after midnight and it is raining in Sacramento. The Fall leaves have coated the streets and sidewalks and it is gorgeous. I forgot about this time of year, one minute the sidewalks are clear and you go inside to grab a hammer and poof, leaves all around. I love it!



My tummy is growling. Annoying.



Courtney and I drove up to Apple Hill for the afternoon on Saturday to pick out and chop down our Christmas tree. After stopping for apple cider donuts we were directed to a cute little tree farm just up the road, it was there that we met John. John was a charming fellow who with his brute strength (whatever, a chainsaw) tore down our ten foot tall tree. One of the glorious things about living in an old Victorian is the high ceilings and therefore enormous Christmas tree. The tree is lovely, glowing and fragrant.



When I got home from work/church today Courtney and I finished up the house by adding lights to the front porch...it looks just perfect. I can't wait to show you pictures.



In other news, here is the quick haps for my life:
1. If I have to hear anymore Eric Hutchinson or Jason Mraz I am going to freak out! I might throw something at the television, I might stick a pen in my ear, I might curse-loudly who knows. It is as if MTV, VH1 and any pop radio want me to be miserable. Why do people make bad bad bad music? If you have an answer please, share it with me. Anything to ease the sting that is caused by the sound of the bad music. Please. If you know what is good for you you'll go buy The Welcome Wagon CD and listen to that instead of taking your chances with music that will cause violent outbursts.
2. Butter Pecan ice cream from Gunthers is as close to heaven on a cold spoon as you will get. Come see me in Sacramento and I will purchase a scoop for you, any flavor, I am sure they are all good.
3. Elf is a superb Christmas film.
4. The United States Postal Service is amazing.
5. Cuties are the most delicious of winter fruits.
6. I just finished a pretty good book, I am in need of a new one, can you help me?



I love listening to rain fall.

0 comments: