CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 22, 2007

I feel like one hundred dollars!

Blogging is the way of the future so I am trying to catch on. My last blogging site went pretty poorly, it is a smaller company than blogger so people weren't to hip on it...yep, giving in to the man.


The thing is that I really like a pen and paper, I like the way it feels to move a pen and I love the creases that are made, the way the paper curls if you are passionate about something and therefore press too hard. This is new for me...but I am turning out to be pretty okay with trying new things so I am going to give it a whirl.


I moved to Sacramento in June, only 4 months ago and already I have a family who make me feel like one hundred dollars! I have a home that I love and I live with roomates that make my life about 100% better. I miss my family, I miss my friends and my animals and the comforts of being in a place that I know better than I know myself but I like it here no, I love it here. I live in what the locals call Midtown, a city within a city. Every person is linked to eachother by someone, the degrees of separation are few and I really like that. What is happening here is community, authentic community...YEAH! I drink coffee next to the person who bags my groceries, the guy who serves me my coffee sits a few seats away from me in my math class and just about anytime I go for a walk I recognize someone from somewhere. This life is good, I never thought I would say that about this place, especially since I miss my family sooooo much.
I love my Sacto family!

0 comments: