CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Super times

I just realized that my life has become a series of glorious events. Everyday is full of so many things that I love to do, full of people that I love to see. I am almost constantly in the presence of one or more people that I love with every speckle of my being. As of late the presence of the boys and ladies has been so frequent that all I can do is glow. The intense Sacramento heat has made our home a prime location for marinating in the warmth of family, it is for this reason that I wonder if I truly hate the heat. Do I really want summer to end?

I love the company of my friends however, I also love to have moments of time that belong just to me. I value little sprinkles of solitude through out my day, this is the time I use to gather my thoughts, the time that is spent being grateful and excited for what is and what will be. My favorite moments of solitude generally happen on my porch at the end of my work day. From the comfort of a ten dollar Adirondack chair I position myself in such a way that the railing doubles as an ottoman. I often bring along with me a beer, my journal and my current read.




Relaxing as my music plays and the cool summer breeze blows in the evening is fantastic. Recently I have had company, a dove decided to build her nest only steps from where I sit. For whatever reason her presence is calming, she sits very quietly warming her babies as I await the arrival of one of the boys or ladies.



Life is good right now.



Today we had the pleasure of hanging out as ladies with Carol and her family...bridal shower style. We decided to fancy up a bit for the event...


Courtney, Me, Carol and Sally.

I never wear dresses so I felt rather awkward but wedding season has arrived so I better get used to it. More on all of that later.

Good night.

xo.

0 comments: