CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thanks

I was walking through my house today, all by my lonesome gathering my things in preparation to a walk to Old Soul so that I could set up shop for a few hours of work when very suddenly I was hit with an overwhelming feeling of gratitude. Just an hour before Carol, Amber, Courtney and I were just hanging out with the glow of our 10-11 foot amazing Christmas tree in the background. Mike stopped in to borrow cds, Carol was doing laundry and Amber was relaxing. I like that people are comfortable in my home. I like that people want to be here and I love that people call the tree"our tree" because it is our tree, we are a family. I am just really full right now and I want to make sure that I relish in that. I want to be sure to spread my gratitude around, I want to be sure not to be selfish with it. So right now I take a moment to say I am grateful for so many things:

  • My Mom who calls me everyday, each call is a reminder of her love.
  • My Dad who is an amazing example of dedication and consistency, I am excited for our weekly mini talks.
  • My Uncle Dave for his example of strength.
  • My Brother, because he is a model of generosity and unconditional love. He reminds me that boys aren't jerks.
  • My roommates. Courtney for her enthusiasm and Sally for ability to just listen.
  • Carol, Kevin, Josh, Amber, Mike, Andy and Jesse for receiving me so well and being great!
  • Coffee because it brings people together.
  • City Life Church
  • Coffee with Ryan and Rachel a week or so ago because it reminded me of my passion for community and sparked ideas.

0 comments: