CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Have you ever...

Have you ever had a moment that was so good you wanted to share it with the world? I have, I did. Today.


The gloom that we call Fall is here and I have been in a pretty amazing mood because of it. I was sitting outside at Temple the other day as little droplets began to fall from the sky...that moment was perfect. The wind was blowing my hair into my face and the sky was grey, my americano was the perfect temperature so I sat back for a second and allowed the water to hit my face. In the moment I remembered that life is good.


Today I walked to the corner market to get some half anf half for Joshua's coffee. You see, today we decided was the perfect day to welcome back Saturday morning winter breakfast...this too was so good. As I walked back from the market a breeze reminded me that the season for bundling is just around the corner. I watched a man throw a ball for his dog to fetch, a group of folks wearing tye dye shirts were marching for some cause that holds a place in their heart and I was happy. I was walking back to a house that would be warm in temperature and ambiance, it would be full of people who have taught me that it will be ok and coffee would be ready to warm my insides. All in all my home as been warm today.


I miss Southern California but I do not miss it's indefinable seasons. I miss the people who love me even though I am crazy and idealistic and indecisive. I miss it's warmth.


Also, this video changed my life:

1 comments:

VerWys Family said...

shannon - i am jealous you experience crips fall days, although today was cloudy, rainy, and cold so i caught a glimpse of fall. please visit us over thanksgiving, we miss you. rachel and boys