CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

WELCOME FALL...I have been waiting for you!!

Fall is here! Last night my knees pained me, I was uncomfortable and achy and annoyed until I realized what that pained meant...FALL! Cold, cozy, rainy, lets-drink-hot-drinks Fall is here. My knees are super at letting me know when the seasons are changing to cold.


I just got back from a really great show in Davis. The boys played on campus and it was super. Sounded good, felt good! They are doing so well and my heart is warmed at the thought of their sucess.


Things have been really busy lately. When I get home from a day of work I just want to curl up in bed and sleep for so many hours. We recently rented an office and I took on the job of making it into a worakble environment. This means painting and shopping and setting up and in the end-10 hour days. It also means that I neglect my friends and family, I havent talked to my Dad since I was home 3 weeks ago and that makes me sad.


Of all the people in Long Beach it is my dad that I miss the most. The truth is that I talk to everyone else, I stay in the loop but with my Dad its a little different. Our greatest and most valuable moments happen in eachothers presence over a meal or in the yard during the race or just in silence and the world happens around us. I used to think that long moments of silence are weird but as I have grown older I realize that there is something special between people when periods of silence are a blessing. I was recently asked about my family by a newcomer in town...that is such a great topic for me. When asked by a stranger what my family is like I am reminded of what great people they are, I mean you never tell a stranger about the things that annoy you. Instead all the great things come out and this is what I had to say:


The truth that my Dad is the most honorable man that I know. He is selfless and quiet but strong. My Dad is an amazing person and I think of that just about everyday and I am in awe. He is much like his father and his father was an incredible man.
My mom is the most generous person in my life, it is from her that I learned the joy of giving.
My brother is a jerk...just kidding. Truly JM is my favorite, he is young (not that I am at all old or wise) and he is a boy so he does stupid stuff, he makes stupid choices and those things make me crazy but he is amazing. He loves me even if I am lame. He is my guardian. I feel safe and loved and okay knowing that he is just a phone call away.
My uncle Dave is the kindest person that I know. He carries with him a peace that I love, he is the shirt off of his back kind of man. My Poppy left with Dave the spirit of kindness and gentleness.


I talk about my Memo often, about how she changed my life. How if I am just a tiny speck of who she was I think I am ok. If I endeavor to be like any one person, it is she. She is my hero and I am lucky to have known my hero so well.


Family is important to me and I am sad to be so far away from them. I miss them terribly but my life here is good. These people take care of me. Things are good right now...


but I am eager to be home for the holidays!

0 comments: