CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Feelin' my exploding eyeball disease take its toll and therefore I am bummed...

For those of you who want to know what's going on with my eyes: During my last visit home I had an appointment with my neurologist. I was pretty nervous about what I would find out because for about a month now I have been experiencing the super painful headaches that mean something might be wrong, luckily nothing is wrong. Apparently my discs look good and that is a great relief! My optic nerves are not void of the tumor however, it seems that they are not growing...they aren't shrinking either. In an effort to escape the need for another spinal tap my doctor has given me a prescription for more diuretics which I have to take two times a day (this also means that I spend quite a bit of time on the toilet) and a pain killer, also two times a day. The side effect of the pain pill is grogginess, stomach cramps and an overall gross feeling. The discomfort in my stomach means that I am not eating regularly and that only adds to the sleepiness. I have spent a lot of time feeling sorry for myself and that is no good but luckily I have friends who drag me out of the dumps and that is a nice feeling. I am going to try and keep my head up and continue to seek the advice of my doctor.
In other news: Sacramento is a land of ruin after the crazy rain and winds! Crushed cars, toppled trees and branches as road hazards are super uncool. Pictures to come.

0 comments: