CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

A good long walk with a buddy only makes life better.

I had a nice evening tonight. Very very nice.


I woke up this morning to my usual Sunday morning alarm, anyone who knows anything about me knows that I hate waking up to an alarm and Sundays make that hate even more intense. I should be grateful that I am awake and able to get up and go help set up a worship space. I should be glad that my life allows me to walk only 4 blocks to church and I should jump for joy that I found a welcoming place to worship my creator but....none of those thoughts pop into my head at 7:45 in the morning, instead all I can feel is sad and frustrated. I realize that those are two emotions that I feel often, that is not the point. The point is that the Lord set aside a day of rest for His people, a day when we get to wake up and be blessed by His word and His community and all I can do is weep inside. The truth is that I am still mourning the loss of a house church because it is there that I feel most at home, closest to God. Something about Sunday morning in any place but New City makes me feel out of place and certainly out of touch with my Father. That is not to say that I have never felt His spirit at City Life because that I have but it is to say that I am still in the midst of a struggle to find a sweet balance, especially now that it is also my job.


I felt God tonight. Strongly and intimately, that felt nice. It is nice when God tenderly reminds me that He is with me always, watching over my every move as He waits for me to receive Him. I like knowing that God is patient, He is a God who allows me to make mistakes in order to appreciate and recognize His mercy even more.


I most clearly see the Lord in other people. I hear Him speaking to me in those who are in line with Him. I am thankful that God uses His children so well. Tonight I felt God walking alongside Courtney and I, I felt Him in her words and in our silence.


I got home after spending a few hours talking about sadness and happiness and friends with Courtney. We walked to Temple in the cold, sat and drank warm beverages and just spoke of all the things that we have here in our town and it was then that I was reminded of the goodness of our God.


God is good, I just seem to sometimes forget that.

0 comments: