CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Second Week of School...Only 15 more to go.

I have a problem: False ambition. I always begin every semester with 4 - 5 classes, I always tell myself that I am going to do super well and pass them with at least C's, I will go to class everyday, study every night...FALSE, it rarely happens.


This semester I am taking 4 classes:
Philosophy of Literature: AMAZING. This class focuses on Idealistic Romanticism...basically it was made for me. IR means that we get to study (in super depth) J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis and Charles Williams. Do I have to share anything more? You should be convinced that this class is my greatest. My prof is ridiculous (a.k.a effing amazing) he says zen a lot and generally refers the class back to having the mentality of sumo wrestlers. Also, 1/3 of the class is dedicated to thought homework...what is thought homework? In short it is the greatest thing ever, my teacher encourages us to take the last third of the class to grab a cup of coffee and think about the lecture and the various questions that he posed to us during class. I am pretty sure that this class is going to change my life and I am ready for it.
Biological Psychology: My teacher is blind! We have to tap on our desks to get his attention for questions, I can't wait until I have questions. He lecture notes are in braille...I am in love with this teacher, he is phenomenal.
Math: Boring and torturous! Unfortunately, I am stupid and have to keep taking math...probably until I die. Good news: My teacher is the most entertaining math teacher ever. He is one of those who was likely socially awkward so he turned to the books for companionship and because of that he is a wizard. He arrives punctually everyday, coffee stains on his pants that are way to big, wrinkled shirt with one side un-tucked, hair a mess and he has a thick Spanish accent. I love this guy! Yesterday he told the class that is has nothing but time and patience for us, he wants us to learn at any cost. OOOOOOOO I like him.
Political Science: I have taken this, I have passed it. The problem is that I think that I am getting dumber and dumber with age so I decided that I needed something to refresh my mind...I don't want to be stupid. Plus, I have to vote for a president this year so it seems appropriate. If only there were a candidate that I wanted to vote for.


I have to go learn things about biology and politics now...

0 comments: